The staff of Code Enforcement Officers work to investigate complaints of property maintenance violations. If a violation is noted, our Officers work with the property owners and tenants to correct any violations and bring the property into compliance with City codes.
Standard Enforcement Services
Code Enforcement investigates and conducts inspections in residential, industrial and commercial locations for code violations, some of the most common including:
- Inoperative vehicles on public property
- Illegal parking
- Vehicles left on the street for more than seventy-two hours
- Hazardous property conditions
- Overgrown vegetation
- Housing Code violations (broken windows, peeling paint)
- Inoperable and abandoned vehicles on private property
- Signs, including signs in public right-of-way and signs without permits
- Solid waste (early set-out of containers, inadequate containers, illegal dumping)
- Zoning requirements,( i.e. illegal dwelling units and use requirements)
- Business license and regulatory permits.
- Health and Safety Code violations.
- Public nuisances.
- Temporary Use/Conditional Permit enforcement.
- Inoperative vehicles on private property
- General property maintenance issues that are visible from the public right-of-way
- Illegal garage conversions
- Street vendors (also handled by the Police Department)